Thank you for following LIFT USA and our efforts to support the students of LIFT. Today is #GivingTuesday, the nonprofit’s answer to BlackFriday & CyberMonday. If you haven’t had the opportunity, please consider a donation via Razoo.
Our complete compiled list of reasons to support the students of LIFT on this #GivingTuesday:
* The LIFT Students are taught that their scholarship is a blessing and that they need to share this blessing with others in their life.
* #GivingTuesday gives us all the opportunity to share the blessings that we have in our lives.
* Service work helping at an HIV home for kids, medical camps and a shelter for abused women and village elders.
* Teaches respect for all faith traditions…founded by Catholic priests, LIFT supports children of all faith communities, including Hindu & Muslim;
* Educating girls lifts families out of poverty. 2/3 of LIFT’s 90 students are girls.
* Eliminating child labor is one way LIFT transforms communities. By providing family stipends, LIFT helps support student families so the children can go to school instead of working.
* A child’s acceptance into LIFT raises the family’s status in their community.
* Each LIFT scholarship provides room, board & high quality education.
* Each educated student positively impacts the lives of more than four people beyond LIFT…
* Alums launched LIFT 2.0 in January to formalize their long-term commitment to LIFT and the students that follow them.
What are your favorite reasons for supporting LIFT USA??